Tuesday, September 2, 2014

So I Had This Dream Last Night...

YT?The police run the show now.  Everywhere is literally a police state.  When they want money from you, they don't need to solicit bribes.  All they have to do is get your attention. They call to you and you're supposed to drop some money.  Sometimes they prefer your wallet or you whole purse.  I always keep an extra wallet or two on me just in case.

As I walk by a policeman, he calls to me and according to the custom, I drop some money.  After collecting my money, he comes up brandishing a dirty old kitchen knife and asks me:

"Can I kill you now?"

"No sir, if you kill me now, you can't get anymore money from me in the future.  Also, I'm very valuable to your friends, and they'd be disappointed if I weren't around no more."

"Well that's a shame.  I was really looking forward to killing you."

"Don't worry officer, one day my time will come."

After avoiding the pleasure of the officer's company, I continue down the glass alley towards D-7.  D-7 is the last of the occupied districts before the wastelands.

As you walk around D-7 you can see the strippers plain as day through the glass walls.  All of the depravity and waste of what's left of England is here.  It's all city now.  No green, and most people don't even remember what greenery was like.  It's all just steel, concrete and glass.

I look behind me and I realize that the officer from earlier is still on my tail.  He's either really curious, or his will for my blood is too strong.  Since I can't have him follow me to where I'm going, I lead him to a secluded area.

As I turn the corner, I slip into a small crack in the wall.  I can smell the officer before I hear him:

"Where in the bloody hell did he go?!  I know you're back here, I saw you!  Come on out and I'll play a game with you."

I can see him and he's spitting as he shouts.

"If you don't let me find you, I'll just go back and see if I can't find a kid that I can hurt instead.  Maybe it will be someone you care about."

I don't doubt it.

"You have a family?  I sure hope so... I can tell by the way you're dressed what part of the city you're from.  You look too clean for this shithole.  Maybe I'll just go back to your area and me and my friends will find someone you care about."

I don't have any family left, they already took that from me.  The thought of this buffoon hurting anyone else's family in my name is too much for me.  I call out:

"I'm back here," as I slip out of the crack behind him. "Don't hurt anyone else," the girls stop dancing in the windows and are now watching this bizarre scene play out through their glass walls.  "I'll do whatever you want, just don't hurt anyone else."

"Wise decision boy."

As he steps towards me, I pull out a retractable baton, courtesy of one of his fellow bobbies from one of my prior run-ins with the law.

"Where'd you get that?!" He screams.

"Oh this?  This won't be the last souvenir that I get from an officer."

"You sonofabitch," he yells as he charges towards me.

He lunges with his kitchen sword outstretched and I spin to avoid it, while simultaneously cracking him across the jaw with the baton.

"Aaaagghhh!!!  Yooobrokemyfuckkingjaw!!!"

Hardly.

As he comes back at me, I have to be careful.  He's angry now and less predictable.  He flails wildly as he tries to drive the knife into my stomach, cutting my shirt.

I move back as he slashes at my throat and continues his attack.

My baton rings true against his elbow and he loses the knife.  As he momentarily watches the knife fall to the ground, I catch him again across his face.

Before he falls to the ground, I'm at the knife picking it up.  I walk towards him as he lays there, half conscious and I whisper to him:

"Your people already killed my family.  I don't have anything left to lose."  I drive the knife deep into his stomach, before I leave it in his neck.

The girls who stayed and watched the entire show are screaming now.  I have to get out of here.  I've exposed myself.  I run down to the end of the hall.  To the end of D-7.

One of the girls, the only one not screaming watches me as I begin my ascent into D-8 and the wastelands.

In awe of what I've just done she follows.


Then I woke up....

1 comment: